The Campaign for MMS
It may be hard to imagine a time without our fabulous new space, and while this historic project (which began in 2011 when the School purchased 325 W. 85th Street) is complete physically, we still need your help bringing the fundraising effort for the building across the finish line.
Because of the generosity and foresight of our trustees and other members of the MMS community, we have already raised 90% of our philanthropic goal of $4 million for the project. We ask all members of the community consider a gift to this campaign. Your gift will allow MMS to maintain its strong financial position while continuing its important mission of providing children “an education for life.”
Our Matching Challenge:
We invite all members of the community to support The Campaign for MMS with a contribution before June 30, 2018.
All gifts received between April 1, 2018 and June 30, 2018 will be matched by an anonymous challenge grant. This is your opportunity to double your gift! Donate today.
Thank you to the families and donors who have already contributed generously!
Ways to Give:
- Checks payable to Metropolitan Montessori School with “Capital Campaign” in the subject line. Gifts can be sent to: Development Office at Metropolitan Montessori School, 325 West 85th Street, New York, NY, 10024.
- Credit card gift online
- Stock gift (scroll down)
- Gifts over $5,000 can be pledged over two years. Please reach out to Aferdita Hakaj, Director of Development (email@example.com).
THE 1964 SOCIETY
Head of School Honorary – Over $50,000
Maria Montessori Council – $25,000 and up
Founder – $15,000 to $24,999
Patron – $10,000 to $14,999
Society Benefactor – $5,000 to $9,999
Pacesetter – $2,000 to $4,999
SUPPORTERS OF MMS
Friend – $500 to $1,999
Contributor – up to $499
Thank you in advance for your support!
MMS's Buildings: A History
• 1964: MMS founded in St. Michael’s Church Parish House at 99th Street and Amsterdam Avenue
• 1996: Moved from St. Michael’s to 325 West 85th Street
• 2011-2012: Board purchased 325 building and the adjacent townhouse
• 2014-2016: Master planning and construction of new facility
• September 2016: Renovated building opened on time for the start of the 2016-2017 school year