Ways to Give
This year, we are asking members of the community to support MMS in two important ways:
- One-time effort
- Closes fall 2018
- Supports the completion of our $4 million fundraising campaign for the new building
- Fundraising goal: $25,000 this year (99 percent of $4 million goal has already been raised.)
- Ways to give: Check, credit card, stock, gifts of $2,500+ can be pledged
The MMS Fund
- Annual fundraising effort
- Closes June 30 each year
- Provides critical operating support for MMS
- Fundraising goal: 90 percent parent participation. Last year, we raised over $175,000 for MMS.
- Ways to give: check, credit card, stock
Credit cards — donate online
We accept payment from all major credit cards via our secure online portal.
Please make checks payable to Metropolitan Montessori School and send to the attention of the Development Office at Metropolitan Montessori School, 325 West 85th Street, New York, NY, 10024.
Corporate matching gifts
Many employers offer matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees. If eligible, your gift to MMS could be doubled or even tripled!
Please instruct your broker to send securities to the MMS account as follows:
Metropolitan Montessori School
Vanguard Brokerage Services
School Tax ID#: 13-2527041
Please either complete and return this form to email@example.com OR send an email with the name of stock, number of shares, and fund designation on the date of transfer. This ensures that MMS can properly credit and acknowledge your gift.
Gifts of appreciated securities such as stocks, mutual fund shares, and bonds are fully tax-deductible charitable contributions. In fact, donating appreciated securities offers you a two-fold advantage. First, you avoid paying capital gains tax on the increase in value of your security. Second, you receive an income-tax deduction in the calendar year of your donation for the full fair market value of your stock.
Metropolitan Montessori School is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization. All gifts of cash or stock to The MMS Fund are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.