Some of Our Favorite Things
Yes, we’re serious. But we have fun too. Here are our top 10 favorite things about Metropolitan Montessori School.
- Our kitchen makes the best roasted vegetables. The chicken pot stickers are pretty yummy too.
- Our art classes throw pottery on a wheel. So to speak.
- Our Upper Elementary play finds the performer in every child.
- Our students travel to Black Rock Forest at least once a season. Have you ever caught a frog with your bare hands?
- Our three-year-olds and four-year-olds can wash dishes AND put them away.
- Our teachers know how to explain really big ideas. Like the Big Bang.
- Our students write their own stories, create their own own math problems and design their own games.
- Our students “talk it out” when they get upset.
- Our students like to build things: the Pink Tower, castles with Imagination Playground blocks, even a bridge in Black Rock Forest.
- Our caring community … it takes a village to raise a child.
“You can't understand Google unless you know that both Larry and Sergey were Montessori kids... It's really ingrained in their personalities. To ask questions, do their own things... Do something because it makes sense, not because some authority figure told you... This is really baked into how Larry and Sergey approach problems. They're always asking, ‘Why should it be like that?’”