Since our founding in 1964, Metropolitan Montessori School has been dedicated to providing students with an enriching and challenging educational environment, a strong ethical foundation, and a sense of commitment to our community. Like all independent schools, we rely on a combination of tuition revenue, interest income on our reserve fund, and charitable contributions from parents, alumni, and friends to support our ongoing operations and strategic initiatives.
MMS has experienced remarkable momentum over the past few years, and there are many achievements to celebrate thanks to the generosity and support of the entire MMS community:
- Consecutive record-breaking years in fundraising
- The purchase of our current building, 325 West 85th Street, in 2009
- The purchase of 315 West 85th Street in 2011
Metropolitan Montessori School’s annual fundraising efforts consist of the following:
- The Annual Fund, which is the school’s first fundraising priority and provides essential unrestricted dollars that enhance the educational experience at MMS. Last year, MMS reached 89 percent participation, and raised nearly $330,000. A gift to the Annual Fund sends a powerful message that you believe in MMS and its future.
- The Spring Benefit, the marquee event at MMS. Led by parent volunteers, the Spring Benefit is a fun-filled night for parents, alumni, faculty, and staff to gather in celebration of our children and our school. It has evolved into a very important fundraising event for MMS.
To make a contribution to MMS, click on the Donate button below and you will be taken directly to a secure PayPal page. You can use your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, or PayPal account.