Running for MMS
Metropolitan Montessori School was an official charity partner for the the 2017 United Airlines NYC Half Marathon. Our five team members ran 13.1 miles on Sunday, March 19, 2017 to raise money for MMS.
This year, to support our ever-growing lunch menu, our runners raised $10,545 (surpassing our goal of $10,000) to help the school purchase new kitchen equipment.
Thank you to our 2017 team members for making this possible!
- Abby Spetalnik: parent of Vanessa (IIB) and Natalie (Room D)
- Byron Johnson: parent of Lila (Room B) and Yasmin (Room C)
- Tom Vitiello: parent of Nia (Room D) and Giovanna (Room A)
- Andrew Preston: UE teacher
- Jessica Regal: IA teacher
Thanks to those who supported our runners and we look forward to lacing up our sneakers next year!