Since our founding in 1964, Metropolitan Montessori School has been dedicated to providing students with an enriching and challenging educational environment, a strong ethical foundation and a sense of commitment to our community. Like all independent schools, we rely on a combination of tuition revenue, interest income from our reserve fund and charitable contributions from parents, alumni, grandparents and friends to support our ongoing operations and strategic initiatives.
MMS has experienced remarkable momentum over the past few years, and there are many achievements to celebrate thanks to the generosity and support of the entire MMS community:
- A record $385,000 in The MMS Fund contributions in 2013-14 with gifts from more than 90 percent of current families
- The purchase of our current building, 325 West 85th Street, in 2009
- The purchase of 315 West 85th Street in 2011
MMS’ annual fundraising efforts consist of the following:
- The MMS Fund, which is the school’s first fundraising priority and provides essential unrestricted dollars that enhance the educational experience at MMS. This year, MMS exceeded its goal of 90 percent parent participation, enabling us to receive a $10,000 challenge grant funded by the Board of Trustees. A gift to The MMS Fund sends a powerful message that our community believes in MMS and its future.
- The Spring Benefit, the marquee event at MMS. Led by parent volunteers, the Spring Benefit is a fun-filled night for parents, alumni, faculty, and staff to gather in celebration of our children and our school. It has evolved into a very important fundraising event for MMS.